You need to go to a specialty store for sizing. How to determine them, the consultant will tell by phone +7 (936) 666-49-11 or through the website. Sometimes measure the circumference of the knee, as well as below and above by 10 cm.
The choice should be guided by the nature of the symptoms, the severity of the condition, and the expected result of the application. For example, an elastic bandage is appropriate for a contusion, while a meniscus or collateral ligament injury requires a bandage to limit rotational motion.
The components of a knee brace can perform the following functions:
- For cushioning and compression: elastic jersey, silicone, neoprene, etc.
- For support and fixation: silicone inserts, stiffening ribs, spiral reinforcement, side splints, straps, clasps, rigid metal frame, stoppers;
- Massage and circulation stimulation: soft spikes of gel and silicone inserts, elastic knitwear;
- For warmth: Wool fabric, neoprene, tourmaline, magnet, halogen and infrared sources;
- Mobility and defined amplitude of movement: hinges, polycentric locks;
- Length adjustment: telescopic structure, retractable bars.
Remember that materials can cause allergies. In addition, synthetics is poor air permeability and does not drain moisture. Also, preference should be given to hypoallergenic and breathable fabrics. Of artificial fibers, nylon has such properties.
This type of underwear is necessary for women and men who want to keep their leg veins healthy. It is worn during long flights, on days when you have to spend a lot of time on your feet or perform heavy physical work. Prophylactics prevent small vascular reticulations, also known as “asterisks” and “snowflakes,” and prevent leg swelling.
This is a knitwear for the treatment of varicose veins. If you have a feeling of heaviness in your legs, you can see net veins on them – it’s time to buy special therapeutic underwear. When choosing therapeutic hosiery, pay attention to the fabric and composition of the fabric. Stockings do not interfere with air exchange and allow the skin to breathe. This type of compression knitwear is better to choose after consultation with your doctor, who will help you choose the class and recommend how to wear it.
Rules of Application
Comfortable clothing made of natural fabric should be worn under the bandage to avoid irritation. Breathable fabrics with layers of material around staples, loops and other protrusions can be worn over bare skin.
To buy a kneecap, you must have a doctor’s recommendation. If this is not possible, it is better to choose an elastic bandage. You wear orthoses and bandages every day, mostly during increased physical activity.
For light fixation of the knee joint, wear the orthopedic device for no more than 3 hours. Rigid fixation after severe injuries can last up to 11 hours. The exact duration of the brace is to be determined by the doctor.
Knee pads must be worn correctly:
- Anatomical conformity of functional openings, protrusions, hinges, etc.
- Velcro, straps, clasps must not be loose or pinch blood vessels.
The care of the bandage is always described in its instructions. Usually hand washing and drying under natural ventilation is used for products with extras. This will avoid deforming them.
Doctors recommend buying hernia bandages for the prevention of umbilical and pelvic zone diseases. This is a medical device for correcting the condition and fixation of the problem area in case it is impossible to perform surgical intervention.
Depending on the pressure force on the body, which is measured in millimeters of mercury column (Fig. 6), there are four classes of knitwear:
The first class of knitwear for those who already have the first signs of varicose veins. If your phlebologist has detected the first signs of varicose veins or thrombophlebitis, this underwear will help you in your treatment. The normal pressure of first class knitwear is up to 23 mm Hg.
Class II compression underwear compresses the body to 33 mm and is used to treat second- and third-degree varicose veins. They are also recommended for thrombophlebitis, when the condition has already set in and requires serious treatment.
Third class knitwear is used in the presence of trophic ulcers and venous insufficiency. Such products are still available in free sale, but wearing them without a doctor’s recommendation is dangerous to health. I must say that the consultation of a phlebologist is needed only when buying prophylactic knitwear. In all other cases it is very desirable!
In addition to the above, there is another type of compression bandage with a pressure of more than 50 mm Hg. The compression bandage is used only in hospitals, in cases of extensive lymphostasis or after major surgery.
Contraindications for wearing compression hosiery
- Modern medicine distinguishes a number of cases in which the use of compression stockings is dangerous for the person:
- With arterial disease of the lower extremities;
- With hypotension;
- With allergies and hypersensitivity of the skin;
- If diagnosed with kidney or heart failure.
In these cases, compression underwear should not be worn. Wounds and burns that are open with bandages should not be worn in this underwear.
What to pay attention to when choosing↓
When choosing a compression garment it is important to remember:
- Buy them only from specialized websites and pharmacies.
- Corrective underwear is not a compression knitwear as it does not take into account the distribution of compression over the body.
- The package of such knitwear should not indicate the density of the knitwear, but the compression class with the pressure in mm Hg.
- Pregnant knitwear always has a special label to ensure that wearing the product will not harm the child.
We can help you stay healthy and beautiful. Just let us do it.
The production company “Valento” has been working in the consumer market for more than 10 years. The company’s product range includes innovative corset, post-operative and therapeutic and preventive products.
All products are made using a unique technology from modern textile materials of European manufacturers. If you need a quality product after rehabilitation in the period of recovery, then choose “Valento”.
Quality compression garments have so-called graduated compression: the pressure force is distributed unevenly along the limb, gradually decreasing from the ankles to the hips. The decreasing gradient stimulates blood flow from the peripheral vessels to the heart, which increases the therapeutic effect of the compression garment.
Important to know: Measurements should be taken in the morning, before swelling occurs, to ensure sufficient accuracy.